Welcome to my Spiritual & Inspirational Sunday post. For over twenty-five years I have collected various spiritual and inspirational quotes and messages. My hope is that when you read these, you will pause and reflect. Perhaps you will share this post with a friend who just so happens to be in need of reading what I am sharing today.
As I was searching through my drawer full of spiritual & inspirational material, I ran across an email forward I received from a friend dated 06/05/02. Enjoy!
Life Lessons From The Dalai Lama-Lessons for Life in the New Millennium
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’ let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone everyday.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then, when you get older and think back you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your homes is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation.
14. Don’t bring up the past.
15. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
16. Be gentle with the earth.
17. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
18. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
19. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
20. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.