As a follow up to my recent post on paper towel holder options, I want to share with you my list of mistakes to avoid.
Mistakes to Avoid
1. Centering If you plan to mount a paper towel holder underneath your upper cabinets, make sure it is centered on the cabinet door.
2. Secure If you plan to mount a paper towel holder on the wall underneath the upper cabinets or on the wall in front of your kitchen sink, you will want to add backing underneath the dry wall so that the paper towel holder will be secure. Click here to read a previous post on backing.
3. Fit If you will use a decorative paper towel holder stand on your counter, make sure it will fit between the counter and the upper cabinet.
4. Diameter If you will use a paper towel holder underneath the counter in a cubby hole, you need to make sure the height of the cubby hole is tall enough for a jumbo paper towel roll. Additionally, if you want to put your paper towel roll in a drawer, make sure the height of the drawer is sufficient for a jumbo roll.
5. Sticky If you decide to place your paper towel holder in a drawer, acknowledge to yourself before doing so that the drawer front and hardware will often get sticky or wet due when opening the drawer to reach for a paper towel.