Monday, August 17, 2009

Kitchen: Utensil Storage Options

Welcome! Since my last post (excluding Spiritual & Inspirational Sunday) addressed options for storing flatware, I thought I would stay in the kitchen and follow that up with options for storing kitchen utensils.

IMG_0001 

^I like a wide drawer with dividers. It not only makes the items visible but keeps the utensils organized.

Source unknown. If you know the source, please contact me so I can note it.

IMG

^If your kitchen cabinet space does not allow for a wide drawer, consider using several narrower drawers.  I love the neatness of the drawer in the photo above.

Source unknown. If you know the source, please contact me so I can note it.

 IMG_0005

^This is a super wide drawer conveniently located at the stove.

Source: Taunton’s Home Storage Idea Book by Joanne Kellar Bouknight

IMG_0003

^Storing utensils vertically is an interesting option. I have never used one of these. Do the utensils fall off or get jammed when you pull out or push in the cabinet? 

Source unknown. If you know the source, please contact me so I can note it.

IMG_0004

^Another example of a drawer with generous width and dividers.

Source unknown. If you know the source, please contact me so I can note it.

DSC01415 

^Realizing custom made drawers are expensive and some kitchens are tight on space, you an always store utensils in simple can such as the stainless steel one shown above.

Source: Personal photo file

IMG_0006

^Or you might opt to use a decorative urn as shown above. I really like this!

Source: Great Kitchen Ideas

IMG_0007 

^Yet another option is to hang utensils from utensils holders mounted on the wall.

Source: Great Kitchen Ideas

Please tell me which option you prefer!  I will be following up with a Mistakes to Avoid post in a few days. Please check back!  Blessings. …Susan

4 comments:

Naturegrl (Diana) said...

All the divided drawers look wonderful. I personally don't think I'd like utensils displayed on the wall or in the vertical pull-out. I keep wooden spoons, a wire whisk and a few other 'pretty' utensils in an old pitcher by the stove and the less pretty utensils (plastic) in dividers in drawers. Thanks for such an interesting blog!

Susan Lang said...

Diana, thanks for the comment!

Kathleen said...

I like the wide drawer with dividers, too. Wish I'd know of that option when we had our kitchen done. I have a wide drawer and my utensils live inside, in a jumbled mess.

Shannon said...

Wow, so many options. I am with Diana and Kathleen. I really like the large divided drawers, while keeping the nicer utensils stored in a decorative container on the container. Thanks for the great ideas!!